About Me

My photo
Love.Life.Great Parents.Training,Blogger.Speaker.Travelling.See India.Trekking.Himalayas.Reading.Long Drives.Yoga.Beer.Making Mistakes.Explore Life Everyday!

Sunday, April 12, 2009

When will i start writing my book?


Like many in this World i have been wanting to write a book and leave behind my thoughts for posterity.Its a thought which has been troubling me for long and i have been promising myself the day is not far off when i will start writing my book.

But as they say 'Every writer I know has trouble writing.'

This thought which was quite embedded in me suddenly got jolted and stirred further when i met Mr PS Wasu well known Trainer and Blogger yesterday, he had invited me to present his first book 'Fine Prints of Life'.In course of our discussion he kept on saying i should start writing my book,coming from a person whom i admire it suddenly made me think and wonder,should i start writing my book? am i ready for it!....I wondered and kept self evaluating myself throughout the entire day.

I would like to now list down the process which i intend to follow to ensure i start and complete most part of my book by the Year 2009.
1.Decide on the subject of the Book:
The most critical part is deciding on the subject of the book.Ideally it should be a key area of interest for the writer.Example - Discover the leader within, Reclaim your life, Unleashing Self,Self discovery etc can be some of the subject of interest for me.
2.Read as much as you can:
Once you decide on the subject of the book,you should read all books and articles available on the subject.The best possible source of information for books is Amazon.com and for articles its the entire net and google seach.There should be a concerted effort of atleast three months to gain complete mastery in terms of knowledge and information on the subject.Once you know all the theories and thoughts available on a particular subject,one should start working on furthering and adding to the thought process.
3.Discipline of writing
Once the subject is decided and mastered,the process of writing the book starts.It calls for total commitment and dedication for atleast a period of six months.The most important part is to push and discipline onself to sit in front of laptop or computer for atleast two hours everyday come what may.After a certain point of time words will start flowing and the story should start moulding on its own.

The final synopsis is writing a book is not a miracle which will strike you suddenly with waves of thoughts prompting you to start penning them down.Its a lot of hard work,dedication and above all following certain time tested process and methodology.

No comments:

Followers